This week, Creativityist is celebrating our first birthday. The thumbnail to the right is a peek back at the first site design and the introductory post: Creativityist…one who practices creativity.
I started the blog with a few ideas, and a dark fog lingering beyond them. Today, I have a few more ideas, and the dark fog is still hanging just over yonder. It has been a fun year with lots of positive feedback. I’m certain I have learned more than anyone, but I’m thankful for all who have subscribed and participated here with comments and guest posts.
Between here and the fog, I do have a few things in the works:
- I am working on a new design. I rolled the current design out late in the summer, and to be honest, I’ve been tired of the header image since September!
- In addition to a few ideas for single posts, I have three new series that are taking shape in the incubator. Included in those are a few posts on The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp, a book that has been strongly recommended by Merlin Mann, among others.
I know that quite a few new subscribers have joined us in the last few months, so here are a few early series that you might have missed that have been popular with other readers:
- Capture Everything – An early series, and still the most popular, on tools and tricks to capture every thought that you don’t want to lose.
- Blinders – A series focusing mostly on tips and tricks to help shut out distractions when you need to be in an intense creative/productive mode.
- Workflow Tools – My first, short series on hardware and software that I use. I plan to rerun this series soon with updates now that a year has passed and my workflow has reshaped with time.
- Bird by Bird – Though it wasn’t an ‘official’ series, these reflections and quotes from Anne Lamott’s Bird by Bird are some of my favorite posts.
Thanks for taking this journey with me…see you in the fog!Latest Posts