It was two years ago yesterday that I launched Creativityist. I had a general idea in mind of what I would do with the site, but like most creative work, I didn’t have a clear destination. Seems like my best work comes when I take steps forward and see what happens. That’s certainly the case here!
It was only by accident that I realized that the anniversary had snuck by yesterday. This morning I had an idea for a post, but had a vague notion that I had posted about that idea before. It turns out I had! It was in the midst of looking for it that I realized we’d had an anniversary. Last year at this time, I commented on the fog of moving into the future…it seems that the past has become foggy as well.
A few weeks ago, I mentioned a new project I have in the works. I hope to launch it soon and I think it will be of interest to many Creativityist readers. The new year has also given me a fresh burst of ideas for some upcoming posts which I’m looking forward to hammering out for you soon.
In the meantime, here’s a look back at some of the highlights on Creativityist this past year:
- Contexts – an ongoing series describing different contexts I use in OmniFocus
- Creative Practices – a series of interviews with others that I intend to resume this year
- a series of reflections on The Creative Habit and The War of Art
- OmniFocus vs. Things – any given day, this is the most popular post on the site with a consistent stream of search engine visitors asking that very question
- Inbox Off – this is probably the most important change I made to my workflow this year, though I still struggle to follow it at times
- Creativityist 3.0 – I launched the current design last February…and I still like it!
Thanks again for your attention and your comments. I’m often encouraged by how much value others find in some of these thoughts, and I’m thankful for the opportunity to learn from you as well.Latest Posts