What I’m Working On:
These are the projects that I currently am giving my time and attention to.
- Spiritual Direction — I’m currently training to be a spiritual director.
- A New Podcast — I’ve been interested in returning to podcasting, and I’m currently developing a new concept I’m excited to get launched.
- A New Website — I’m collaborating with my friend Ross to develop a new website focused merging technology, spirituality, and intentional living.
- WordPress Development — Much of my work week these days goes toward freelance development of WordPress sites. (And the occasional Hubspot project as well.)
- Austin Mustard Seed — We lived in Austin for a dozen-ish years and started what became an amazing Christian community. It’s one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done, and saying good-bye was the hardest.
- Help One Now — I was on the board in the start-up days of this great org, and more recently served as the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Sermonsmith — A podcast about the craft of sermon preparation that was launched 2013. I put in on unexpected hiatus during a life transition, and have decided it leave it there indefinitely.
Some Appearances Here and There:
- Getting Started with WordPress — a Mijingo screencast that teaches how to build and customize a basic WordPress theme
- The Ecclesia Leadership Podcast — I served as co-host of this monthlyish podcast that gives space for leaders in the Ecclesia Network to tell the story of their church.
- Mac Power Users 121: The Website Show — I joined David and Katie as a guest to talk about making websites with a Mac
- 200churches Podcast #220 — Preaching, Church Planting, & Bi-Vocational Ministry — after I interviewed Jeff & Jonny for Sermonsmith, they insisted on turning the tables, er, mics
- Sermon Prep with SermonSmith John Chandler — some fun talk about sermon prep and some trauma remembering my student ministry days
- Rookie Preacher Podcast 17 — John Chandler on Sermon Prep, Bivocational Ministry, and More! — yet another chance to be the grillee rather than the griller
- The Productive Pastor 21: John Chandler and Sermonsmith — my first turn on the other side of the podcast mic as a guest rather than host
- The V3 Movement blog — I served on the writing team for the V3 (church planting) Movement blog.