These are projects that I currently am giving my time to, whether they are out there (and loving it), or still in the initial development stage.
- WordPress Development — Most of my work week these days goes toward freelance development of WordPress sites. (And the occasional Hubspot project as well.)
- Spiritual Direction — I’m laying some ground work, and about to begin formal training, to begin practicing as a spiritual director. Pastors gotta pastor.
- Sermon Team — I miss preaching every week, but thankful to regularly meet with the team that plans sermons at our local church.
- Austin Mustard Seed — We lived in Austin for a dozen-ish years and started what became an amazing Christian community. It’s one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done, and saying good-bye was the hardest.
- Help One Now — I was on the board in the start-up days of this great org, and more recently served as the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Sermonsmith — A podcast about the craft of sermon preparation that was launched 2013. I put in on unexpected hiatus during a life transition, and have decided it leave it there indefinitely.
- Getting Started with WordPress — a Mijingo screencast that teaches how to build and customize a basic WordPress theme
- Mac Power Users 121: The Website Show — I joined David and Katie as a guest to talk about making websites with a Mac
- The Ecclesia Leadership Podcast — I served as co-host of this monthlyish podcast that gives space for leaders in the Ecclesia Network to tell the story of their church.
- 200churches Podcast #220 — Preaching, Church Planting, & Bi-Vocational Ministry — after I interviewed Jeff & Jonny for Sermonsmith, they insisted on turning the tables, er, mics
- Sermon Prep with SermonSmith John Chandler — some fun talk about sermon prep and some trauma remembering my student ministry days
- Rookie Preacher Podcast 17 — John Chandler on Sermon Prep, Bivocational Ministry, and More! — yet another chance to be the grillee rather than the griller
- The Productive Pastor 21: John Chandler and Sermonsmith — my first turn on the other side of the podcast mic as a guest rather than host
- The V3 Movement blog — I served on the writing team for the V3 (church planting) Movement blog.
Good Intentions and Dormant Ventures:
- Mile High Today — A Denver Broncos blog and updates site, which is the fourth or fifth iteration of a website called BroncosFreak that I began in 1999.
- Halos Today — A Los Angeles Angels blog modeled after OrangeOptimism, but it hasn’t gotten much attention since I built it out. So far.
- Another podcast idea. — Perhaps it would be better said that I’m chasing the gumption to keep this project moving along to the next step.